The University of Georgia has officially announced that all classes will go online for the rest of the semester. The UGA Society for Cyber Security will no longer be hosting any public meetings this semester. We know this is disappointing, but we wanted to reach out with some ways to stay connected and continue your cyber journey.
- Join the UGA SCS Discord! This is the best way to stay in contact with us!
- Stay up to date or join with the Cyber Team! Cyber Team Update post linked here.
- Stay up to date with our Privacy blog posts.
- Stay up to date with cyber news:
- Boost your resume before internship/full-time recruiting in the fall!
- Try getting a certification!
- Learn something new!
- Utilize your free UGA Lynda account and learn more about cyber!
- Linux Command Line
- SQL Queries
- IT Infrastructure
- Explore the Internet with TOR Privacy Browser
- Get familiar with some industry security frameworks
- Attend a virtual security conference!
- PancakesCon -- a free, virtual security conference on 3/22/2020
- The objective is to allow people to learn some new skills (infosec career-wise, and not) while they are trapped in quarantine at home or in isolation. It should inspire them to learn more on their own about both or either topics.
- PancakesCon's Twitter
- BSides ATL -- now totally virtual on 3/28/20
- Each BSides is a community-driven framework for building events for and by information security community members. The goal is to expand the spectrum of conversation beyond the traditional confines of space and time. It creates opportunities for individuals to both present and participate in an intimate atmosphere that encourages collaboration. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from participants. It is where conversations for the next-big-thing are happening.
- VirSecCon -- a free, virtual security conference on 4/4/2020
Get ready for fall semester! Company presentations, general body meetings, and more! Thanks for an awesome year with SCS!